The Manitoba Dental Assistants Association is your member services provider and exists to assist you with continuing education opportunities which include updates on relevant health issues and changes within the dental assisting profession.
Continuing Education (CE) is an educational system which helps keep a dental assistant’s skills current, encourages professional growth, and increases value to employers and patients alike.
Thank you for taking the time to provide additional comments, while completing the Wage Survey last year.
There were a number of well articulated responses. The feedback was valuable.
MDAA President Trina Bourgeois took some time to respond to some of the common themes from the survey Click here to wtch on YouTube.
Manitoba RDA Wage Survey Highlights
- Key Findings
- Question by question graphs
The MDAA Office is located on the original lands of Anishinaabeg, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene peoples, and on the homeland of the Métis Nation.
We respect the Treaties that were made on these territories, we acknowledge the harms and mistakes of the past, and we dedicate ourselves to move forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in a spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.
December 1, 2022
The resources provide helpful information on:
- respectful communication in the workplace
- legal rights and related matters
- physical well-being in the workplace (physical activity and healthy nutrition)
- mental health and well-being in the workplace
- strategies on how to create a healthier workplace
- workplace safety and injury prevention
This initiative was made possible by the collaborative efforts of members of the Healthy Workplace Working Group, which consists of representatives from CDA, CDAA and CDHA.
Dental Assisting in Canada - What is new What is happening - Latest News
The Canadian Dental Assistants Association (CDAA) asked Dental Assistants (DAs) across Canada about how they are feeling at work and about their mental state, this is what they told us:
CDAA Position Statements & Studies
- Position Statement -Mitigating the Spread of Covid-19 - Considerations for Oral Healthcare Providers
- Healthy & Respectful Workplace Study - Preliminary Findings
- Factors, Realities, and Experiences of Employment as a Dental Assistant in Canada (FREEDAC) - Key Findings
- CDAA Celebrates 75th Year
Do you have a fellow co-worker that you think deserves recognition?
From award winning author Marlene Bryenton.
*Please note that some pictures on this website may appear inverted on iOS operating systems