Here is some basic information to help you navigate this health issue:
Evidence suggests that the coronavirus spreads from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth which are spread when a person with COVID-19 coughs or exhales. These droplets land on objects and surfaces around the person. Other people then catch COVID-19 by touching these objects or surfaces, then touching their eyes, nose or mouth. People can also catch COVID-19 if they breathe in droplets from a person with COVID-19 who coughs out or exhales droplets.
According to Shared Health Appointments should be rescheduled for patients who have:
- Travelled internationally within 14 days prior to onset of illness
- Come into contact with someone who has or is suspected of having coronavirus, OR
- Had close contact with someone with flu-like symptoms who has travelled internationally within 14 days prior to onset of illness, OR
- Been exposed to laboratory specimens of persons who may have been infected with COVID- 19, AND
- Have signs/symptoms suggestive of coronavirus
- Cough, Fever, Sore Throat, Runny Nose, Weakness, Headache
Shared Health have poster resources appropriate for the workplace for patients and staff. https://sharedhealthmb.ca/health-providers/coronavirus-resources/
Employee Concerns during COVID-19
Manitoba Health has good resources on Workplace adaptations. http://www.manitoba.ca/covid19/workplaces.html
People’s First HR is the MDAs source for information relating to employment issues. If you have any specific HR questions about how COVID-19 may impact your workplace, please contact our [email protected]
Risk-informed decision making for mass gatherings:
Manitoba Health and Health Canada are advising all organizations to cancel events where there is a potential gathering of 250 or more people.
According to Shared Health, Health-care providers should give serious consideration to cancelling or postponing all non-essential travel outside Manitoba.
According to Manitoba Health, Manitobans are strongly advised to cancel or postpone any non-essential international travel.
Please review Manitoba Health on travel advisory: https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/travellers.html